Backward bending asanas are postures which turn the body out to face the world. They are stimulating and extroverting. Because they expand the chest and encourage inhalation, they are associated with the attitude of embracing life.
On physical level backbend asanas:
- Stretch the abdominal muscules
- Tone and strengthen the muscules controlling the spine.
- Strengthen the spinal nerves which they give energy to all the other nerves, organs and muscles in the body.
- Help to circulate, purify and enrich the blood which has a tendency to accumulate in the back region.
- Massaging the abdominal and pelvic organs.
- Tone the heart and lungs and improve and deepen breathing.
On mental level backbend asanas:
- Develop concetration and awareness.
- Alleviate tiredness, tension and anxiety.
- Awakening new energy channels which they are asleep.
- Purify and activate the throat, heart, solar plexus, sex and basic chakra.
In this workshop we will focus more on specific asanas which will benefit your spine nerves and abdominal organs. You will learn how to practise these asanas with proper control and safety. Pranayamas and meditation to awake your energy level and concetration.